Monday 19 October 2015

Existing Logos

Below there are already existing store logos. I am looking at a range of brand logos to help me create my own by seeing the type of typeface and colours department stores such as mine go for. 



 To help us create our create  brand as it is important as we have to think of the features of creating advertisements for our department store. we look at the brands that existing department store typeface. Brands like M&S and Harrods are unique and bold typefaces which we  need to aim to achieve also. These font are very formal and sophisticated due to the 'high end' and the target audience they are targeting. The models used are idealistic pretty, slim models, even including the middle aged are posh, middle class and usually white models, therefore we will break the conventions and use a mix of gender, ethnicities, sizes when creating our brand. We want our brand to promote family products strictly of Christmas. 

We will draft some typeface ideas and see what is the best for my product. When look at these typefaces from pre-existing companies, I felt that typefaces such as John Lewis and Marks & Spencer which use formal and bold font is the type I want for my brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment